Austin’s Arts and Crafts Hotel is committed to protecting the privacy of our users.
It complies with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the National Commission on Informatics and Liberty (CNIL).
2. Collected Data
a. Data provided by the user via the website’s contact form
– Name and surname (recorded when the form is sent)
– Email address (recorded when the form is sent)
– Phone number (recorded when the form is sent)
– Content of the user’s message (recorded when the form is sent)
– User’s IP address (recorded when the form is sent)
– User agent (recorded when the form is sent)
b. Data automatically collected during website navigation
– Anonymized IP address – (2 bytes – ex 192.168.xxx.xxx)
– Browser type and version
– Pages visited and interactions on the site
3. Use of Data
The personal data collected on our site are used to:
– Provide, operate, and maintain our website
– Improve, personalize, and expand our website
– Understand and analyze how you use our website
– Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
– Communicate with you for customer service, updates, marketing, and promotional purposes
– Send emails
– Find and prevent fraud
4. Data Sharing
Austin’s Arts and Crafts Hotel commits to not sharing any of your personal data with third parties for commercial purposes.
The collected data will not be shared with any external organization.
The collected data will not be shared outside the European Union.
The only cases that may justify the sharing of our personal information are those involving the explicit consent of the concerned user, as well as legal requirements and compliance with applicable laws.
5. Data Security
We are committed to protecting your personal data and have implemented appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of your information.
6. User Rights
You have the following rights concerning your personal data:
– Right of access
– Right to rectification
– Right to erasure
– Right to restriction of processing
– Right to data portability
– Right to object
a. Functional Cookies
– Session cookies: These cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser. They allow us to link a user’s actions during a browsing session to maintain consistency of the user experience, such as remembering information entered when navigating from page to page.
– Preference cookies: These cookies allow our site to remember information that changes the behavior or appearance of the site, like your preferred language or the region you are in. By remembering your preferences, we can tailor our content to offer you a more relevant experience.
– Security cookies: We use security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from unauthorized access. These cookies are essential to ensure the security and integrity of our site and your information.
We remind you that you can manage your cookie preferences at any time through your browser settings. However, disabling functional cookies may affect your experience on our site and limit certain functionalities.
b. Analytics and Performance Cookies
Our site does not use traditional audience measurement cookies to track users.
We are committed to respecting the privacy of our visitors and have chosen Matomo Analytics, a privacy-respecting solution, to analyze our site traffic.
This approach allows us to improve the interest and usability of our services without compromising user privacy.
8. Contact Form
The information provided through the contact form is used exclusively to respond to your request in a commercial context, for contact purposes.
9. Matomo Analytics and Privacy
As part of our commitment to privacy protection, our website uses Matomo Analytics, a privacy-respecting web analytics service.
Unlike other services, Matomo allows us to:
– Anonymize user IP addresses to ensure anonymity.
– Avoid using user tracking cookies, except for those strictly necessary for site functionalities.
– Delete user data after a period of 1095 days (3 years) to limit the retention period of information.
– Eliminate data reports every 36 months, ensuring that old data is not stored indefinitely.
Furthermore, we offer our users the option to opt-out of tracking by Matomo through a dedicated feature.
This feature, accessible via a checkbox on our site, allows everyone to control their participation in our traffic analysis, thus reinforcing privacy respect and GDPR compliance.
By adopting Matomo Analytics and implementing these measures, we affirm our commitment to respecting our users’ privacy while collecting essential data to responsibly improve our site.
You may choose to prevent this website from aggregating and analyzing the actions you take here. Doing so will protect your privacy, but will also prevent the owner from learning from your actions and creating a better experience for you and other users.
For any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Policy Changes
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, with immediate effect following publication on the site.
12. Last Update Date
We encourage you to review this policy regularly to be informed about how we protect your information.